Premier Division

Skegness United  8    CGB Humbertherm  2

Saturday, 22 October 2011

United were looking to extend their winning run when they entertained CGB Humbertherm at Wainfleet Road. United started on the front foot and took the game to Humbertherm and took the lead after 15 minutes when Paul Watts won the ball on the left and squared to Kurt Crossley who placed the ball pass Harrison from 5 yards. United continued to press the visitors defence and went further ahead on 28 minutes when Crossley broke free on the left and squared to Arron Scutt to score. Then 3 minutes later Crossley broke through the Humbertherm defence again and this time laid the ball to Paul Watts to open his account for the day.With half time approaching Martyn Margarson in the United goal had not a shot on target to deal with. Scutt then just missed the goal with a cross shot. Then with seconds to go to half time Ben Davison scored his first goal for United with a cross shot which Harrison helped into the goal. United went in at half time with comfortable lead.
United continued the second half has they finished the first and within 3 minutes Crossley had a shot saved by Harrison. Then United brought off central defenders Joby Gowshall and Jordan Walden with a view to next week's local derby with Town. They were replaced by Joe Harris and Kyle McGuigan, and soon afterwards Humbertherm had their first shot on target when Margarson saved from Langley. Soon afterwards Harrison saved a Scutt shot from 5 yards. With the wind at their backs Humbertherm scored after 56 minutes when a long ball over the top of United's defence Clifford ran on to beat Margarson. Within 4 minutes Paul Watts had increased United's lead with a shot pass Harrison from 15 yards. On 62 minutes Josh Barlett replaced Watts, and then 3 minutes later Ben Drysdale won a challenge with Harrison and the ball ran lose to Kurt Crossley to score number 6. Humbertherm had a couple of half-chance, however they did not touble Margarson. Then Humbertherm scored number two with a simular goal to number one with a ball over the top and Langley ran onto score. With 87 minutes on the clock Ben Davison won a header in midfield which released Josh Barlett to score from 20 yards with a shot into Harrison's top left hand corner. Then in the last minute Dan Stevens scored the best goal of the match when he picked up the ball in his own half, ran at the Humbertherm defence interchanged a pass with Crossley went on the round Harrison and placed the ball into the empty net. The match ended with another three points for United as they move nearer to the top of the table.