Premier Division

Ruston Sports  0    Cleethorpes Town  6

Saturday, 24 September 2011

Cleethorpes Town eased to a seventh consecutive league win of the season after trouncing Ruston Sports 6-0 at Ruston Sports and Social Club in Lincoln.
An early header from Renzie Lobendhan set the Owls on their way before Luke Mascall doubled the lead 20 minutes into the first half.
Jonathan Oglesby tucked away a third for the visitors before a tiring Ruston conceded three more goals in the last quarter of the game  
with Jimmy Read, Oglesby again and Pat Masterton scoring to add gloss to the victory.
Manager Andy Liddle made three changes to the 11 who started the win against Skegness Town in midweek, with Reece Newell, Renzie Lobendhan and Connor Southern all coming into the side.
And it was Lobendhan who made an immediate impact as he headed home Oglesby's cross from close range.
With the pitch at Ruston so compact, players had to work hard to create openings, meaning Cleethorpes took time to settle into their usual expansive play.
Liddle's side did double their lead after 20 minutes though. From his right flank, Mascall ran directly at the Ruston defence before playing a deft one-two with Lobendhan and stroking the ball into the back of the net.
The Owls had chances to increase their lead, with the ever-dangerous Oglesby and Mascall both going close, but half time arrived with the away side two goals to the good.
Ruston began the second half as they had played for the entirety of the first, working hard to try and get back into a game which was slipping away from them.
Early in the second period the outcome was all but confirmed when Oglesby received the ball from Lewis Wilson and cut inside to slot home and make it 3-0.
That Oglesby goal signalled Ruston's growing tiredness and Cleethorpes went on to add three more goals.
First Jamie Sawdon, on as a substitute, combined with Luke Neul before delivering the ball for central midfielder Jimmy Read to poke home.
Lobendhan and Read spurned further chances as the Owls eased their way through the home side?s defence effortlessly before Oglesby did grab a second to make it 5-0.
The bright Sawdon was brought down by the Ruston goalkeeper with time running out, leaving it to the substitute Masterton to finish the rout from the spot.
Scott Drury in the Cleethorpes goal did not have a single save to make while Cleethorpes left Lincoln having doubled Ruston's goals conceded column.
Next up for Liddle?s side is a mouth-watering top-of-the-table clash at Bradley Stadium as Grimsby Borough Reserves aim to knock the Owls off their perch.